- Project status
- Patrick Alexander Wachholz
- Institution web page
- Host institution
- Professional Master´s degree in Clinical Research centre, Medical School (FMB) of São Paulo State University (Unesp), Botucatu Campus
- Team members
- Patrick A. Wachholz (Unesp), Virgilio Garcia Moreira (UERJ), Déborah Oliveira (UNIFESP), Helena Akemi Wada Watanabe (USP), Paulo J.F. Villas Boas (Unesp)
- Project Summary
Aims: This study aimed to describe the infection and mortality rates related to COVID-19 in older people living in Brazilian care homes.
Methods : A cross-sectional and descriptive study was conducted using primary and secondary data sources. Nationwide care home administrators were invited to report the occurrence of infection and mortality related to COVID-19 infection from April to August 2020 using an online questionnaire. State Public Prosecutor Offices, State Health Departments, and the Unified Social Assistance System were also contacted for information. Data analysis involved descriptive statistics.
- Outputs / Expected Outputs
A preprint (1st version) is available at https://doi.org/10.1590/SciELOPreprints.1032, this paper was accepted and will be published soon in Geriatrics, Gerontology and Aging (www.ggaging.com).
Versions were published in LTCcovid, see: https://ltccovid.org/2020/09/14/updated-report-covid-19-situation-in-brazilian-care-homes-and-actions-taken-to-mitigate-infection-and-reduce-mortality/
Paper published in Geriatrics, Gerontology and Aging (GGA) in 2020:
Estimates of infection and mortality from COVID-19 in care homes for older people in Brazil.
- Care setting
- Care homes/LTC facilities
- Funding type
- No funding
- Care provider/care organisations | People living in care homes