LTCcovid aims to:
- Document the impact of COVID-19 on people who rely on long-term care (including unpaid care) and those who provide it
- Share information about policy and practice measures to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 in long-term care and gather evidence about their success or otherwise.
- Analyse the long-term implications of this pandemic for long-term care policy.
Impact of COVID-19 long-term care system, policy and practice measures adopted, implementation challenges
Cross-country reports covering data on impact of COVID-19 and policy and practice measures
Summaries of studies on the impact of COVID-19 on long-term care and evaluations of mitigation measures.
Links to websites with guidance and other materials to support both service providers and people who
use long-term care
Latest Blog Posts
- Justice for Older people in South AfricaBy Roxanne Jacobs a*, Marguerite Schneider a and Nicolas Farina b aAlan J. Flisher Centre for Public Mental Health, Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health, University of Cape Town, Cape… Read More »Justice for Older people in South Africa
- Webinar announcement: Taking stock of Covid-19 and the Long-Term Care sector in Germany, 5th July 2pm GMTThis webinar, chaired by Klara Lorenz-Dant (Care Policy and Evaluation Centre, London School of Economics and Political Science) will bring together researchers who have been… Read More »Webinar announcement: Taking stock of Covid-19 and the Long-Term Care sector in Germany, 5th July 2pm GMT
- The Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on informal carers across Europe (Eurocarers)Eurocarers in collaboration with the Italian Institute of Health and Science on Ageing (IRCCS-INRCA), and with the support of the European Commission, carried out an… Read More »The Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on informal carers across Europe (Eurocarers)
- Video and slides of the webinar on: The social care sector in England and Covid-19, mapping the way towards recovery and increased resilience, 24th MayThe slides are available here: This webinar shared and gathered feedback on, research to identify areas in which international evidence can inform policy and practice… Read More »Video and slides of the webinar on: The social care sector in England and Covid-19, mapping the way towards recovery and increased resilience, 24th May
Twitter feed @LTCcovid
LTCcovid Follow 4,045 2,193
Gathering evidence on the impacts of COVID-19 on people who use and provide Long-Term Care, on measures to mitigate these impacts and supporting lesson learning