LTCcovid aims to:
- Document the impact of COVID-19 on people who rely on long-term care (including unpaid care) and those who provide it
- Share information about policy and practice measures to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 in long-term care and gather evidence about their success or otherwise.
- Analyse the long-term implications of this pandemic for long-term care policy.
Impact of COVID-19 long-term care system, policy and practice measures adopted, implementation challenges
Cross-country reports covering data on impact of COVID-19 and policy and practice measures
Summaries of studies on the impact of COVID-19 on long-term care and evaluations of mitigation measures.
Links to websites with guidance and other materials to support both service providers and people who
use long-term care
Latest Blog Posts
- New country report: the COVID-19 Long-Term Care situation in KenyaChristine Musyimi1, Elizabeth Mutunga2 and David Ndetei1,3 1Africa Mental Health Research and Training Foundation2 Alzheimer’s and Dementia Organization ,Kenya3 University of Nairobi, Kenya Key findings:… Read More »New country report: the COVID-19 Long-Term Care situation in Kenya
- Italy: Data on mortality of nursing home residents and staff linked to the COVID-19 pandemicSara Berloto, Elisabetta Notarnicola, Eleonora Perobelli, Andrea Rotolo (Observatory on Long Term Care, Cergas SDA Bocconi School of Management) The COVID-19 outbreak in Italian nursing… Read More »Italy: Data on mortality of nursing home residents and staff linked to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Updated Report: The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on people living with dementia in UKUpdated 28th May 2020 By Aida Suarez-Gonzalez1, Gill Livingston2 and Adelina Comas-Herrera3 Background In late January 2020, the first COVID-19 cases in the UK were confirmed in… Read More »Updated Report: The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on people living with dementia in UK
- COVID-19 deaths in Irish Nursing Homes: exploring variation and association with the adherence to national regulatory quality standardsRomán Romero-Ortuño1, Seán Kennelly2 Associate Professor, Discipline of Medical Gerontology, School of Medicine, Trinity College Dublin; Consultant Physician, St James’s Hospital, Dublin Consultant Physician, Department… Read More »COVID-19 deaths in Irish Nursing Homes: exploring variation and association with the adherence to national regulatory quality standards
Twitter feed @LTCcovid
Gathering resources to support community and institution based Long-Term Care responses to COVID-19. Curated by @adelinacohe, supported by @ilpnetwork