- Project status
- Lisa van Tol
- Host institution
- Leiden University Medical Center, University Medical Center Groningen
- Team members
- Lisa van Tol MSc, Dr. Sarah Janus, Janneke Groothuijse MSc, Wendy Meester MSc, Dr. Monique Caljouw, Dr. Hanneke Smaling, Prof Sytze Zuidema, Prof. Wilco Achterberg
- Funding information (if funded)
- This research was supported by the Ministry of Public Health Welfare and Sport, the University Network of the Care Sector Zuid-Holland (UNC-ZH), and the University Network for care for Older persons of the University Medical Center Groningen (UNO-UMCG).
- Project Summary
Dutch long term care organizations installed outbreak teams to coordinate covid-19 infection prevention and control. Outbreak teams’ minutes described a large amount of divers measures that were taken.
The aim of this follow-up study on the “Covid-19 Management In NUrsing homes by crisis TEamS” (MINUTES) study is to prioritize measures taken and to reflect upon decision making by OTs.
Panels of 4 to 7 multidisciplinary nursing home professionals (managers, physicians, nurses, support services, client representatives..) selected, discussed and prioritized measures they found important and urgent with Covid-19 outbreaks. We organized separate panels about measures regarding isolation, residents’ wellbeing, and staff.
- Outputs / Expected Outputs
Expected outputs of the projects will be:
- Prioritized measures by multidisciplinary professionals. These important and urgent measures could be recommended to other LTCs.
- Insight into decision making by outbreak management teams
- Preliminary factsheets are shared with national policy institutes and participating organizations as policy input, and freely available on our website.
- Project website
- Care setting
- Care homes/LTC facilities
- Funding type
- Other | Pandemic preparedness
- Intervention types
- Measures to improve care coordination/governance
- Qualitative studies
- Care provider/care organisations