This webinar, chaired by Klara Lorenz-Dant (Care Policy and Evaluation Centre, London School of Economics and Political Science) will bring together researchers who have been analysing the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Long-Term Care sector in Germany.
The webinar will last 90 minutes, with time for discussion at the end. As with all LTCcovid. webinars, it will be recorded and the video and slides will be shared later.
Speakers confirmed so far:
- Dr. Klara Lorenz-Dant, London School of Economics and Political Science, “A brief overview of the Long-Term Care COVID-19 experience in Germany”
- Prof. Dr. Kerstin Haemel, Universitaet Bielefeld, “Reinventing community-based nursing homes”
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Fischer @ProfessorPflege, Evangelische Hochschule Dresden “Where to from here? How the COVID-19 pandemic amplified some of the structural challenges of Germany’s home care sector”
- Prof Dr. Heinz Rothgang, Universitaet Bremen, “Differences in outcome: The role of structural factors in COVID-19 mortality in care homes in Germany”
- Dr. Franziska Laporte Uribe, DZNE Witten “Dementia and COVID-19 in New Zealand, Chile and Germany: Learning for resilience”
Other forthcoming LTCcovid webinars: