- Project status
- Miriam Haaksma
- Host institution
- Leiden University Medical Center
- Team members
- Monique Caljouw PhD, Adam Gordon, MBChB PhD, Stefan Grund MD MaHM, Miriam Haaksma PhD, Jos Schols MD PhD, Lisa van Tol MSc, Wilco P Achterberg MD PhD, COGER-Study Subgroup of the EuGMS-SIG on GR
- Project Summary
The COGER study is collecting data to gain insight into the course of functional and medical recovery in older people affected by COVID-19 participating in rehabilitation across Europe.
The COGER study, designed by members of the Special Interest Group for Geriatric Rehabilitation of the European Geriatric Medical Society (EuGMS), study aims to:
1. Explore the course of activities of daily living (ADL) recovery and influencing factors
2. Describe other outcomes after geriatric rehabilitation in post-COVID-19 patients
3. Describe geriatric rehabilitation services provided to post COVID-19 patients across Europe.
The study group are presently looking for rehabilitation services to volunteer to support the work. Please contact us if you are interested in doing so.
- Outputs / Expected Outputs
- Insight into recovery of post-COVID patients during and after admission to geriatric rehabilitation. Functioning and quality of life will be our main outcomes.
- Insight into the contend of COVID rehabilitation care in various European countries: which treatments are given and which professionals are involved? What works, and what does not?
- Project website
- Care setting
- Care homes/LTC facilities | Other
- Funding type
- No funding
- Physical health | Quality of care | Treatment outcomes | Wellbeing and quality of life
- Intervention types
- Trials and other evaluations
- Care partners of people living in LTCF | Older people