- Project status
- Peter Lloyd-Sherlock
- Institution web page
- Host institution
- University of East Anglia
- Team members
- Karla Giacomin (CEMAIS Foundation, Brazil), Meirelayne Duarte (University of Salvador, Brazil), Monica Frank (University of Salvador, Brazil), Veronica Montes de Oca (Autonomous University of Mexico), Marissa Vivaldo (Autonomous University of Mexico), Almudena Ocejo Rojo (Mexico City Government Department of Social Inclusion and Social Welfare), Leon Geffen (Samson Institute for Ageing Research, South Africa), Gabrielle Kelly (Samson Institute for Ageing Research, South Africa).
- Funding information (if funded)
- UKRI GCRF/Newton Fund Agile Response call to address COVID-19
- Project Summary
The project will develop and validate a conceptual framework which aims to enhance the capacity of state agencies in LMICs to address the potential effects of COVID-19 in care homes for older people. This will include (i) obtaining baseline information about vulnerability to COVID-19 for all care homes in three different sites, including unregistered care homes); (ii) reviewing current practice of relevant state agencies including intersectoral collaboration and specific responses to the pandemic; (iii) continual engagement with stakeholders to support enhanced practice; (iv) monitoring and review of changes to practice and related outcomes in care homes over an 18 month period.
We will apply a range of methods, including a mixed-methods survey of care homes, process evaluation and rapid review, and will conduct comparative analysis and dissemination to support the application of insights beyond the three study sites.
- Outputs / Expected Outputs
- Project website
- https://corona-older.com/2020/11/05/developing-and-implementing-a-strategy-for-covid-19-and-long-term-care-facilities-for-older-people-in-the-brazilian-state-of-bahia https://corona-older.com/2020/06/09/an-emergency-strategy-for-managing-covid-19-in-care-homes-in-lmics-the-ciat-framework-version-1/
- Brazil | Mexico | South Africa
- Care setting
- Care homes/LTC facilities
- Funding type